Dark chocolate heaven, a place we would all love to stay for a day or two...
Well, why not? Is dark chocolate bad for you? Let’s find out!
- Delicious and Nutritious. Aside from the bittersweet taste of quality dark chocolate, it is filled with minerals and soluble fibers. A 50 gram piece of dark chocolate has 5.5 grams of fiber, plus some Magnesium, Copper, Iron and Manganese. So, have a bite and get energized!
- Antioxidant power source. Dark chocolate is loaded with antioxidants like catechin, flavonols and polyphenols. These antioxidants can help lower your blood pressure, leaving you feeling healthier than ever.
- Helps weight loss! Believe it or not, researchers discovered that dark chocolate is more filling than any other kind of chocolate. And, because of this simple fact, it can help lessen your craving for salty, sweet and fatty food items. Start nibbling on some dark chocolate and stop those cravings!
- Sun protector. Another big plus is the presence of flavonols in dark chocolate. This antioxidant is great for the skin, blood flow and hydration. If you plan on sunbathing in the near future, gnosh on a piece of dark chocolate today!
- Brain booster! In addition to hydrating and improving your skin's condition, antioxidant flavonols in dark chocolate can help increase brain power. Credit should also be given to the caffeine and theobromine in the cocoa.
Keep these benefits in mind before saying no to your next dark chocolate experience! It's ok to indulge sometimes. You may encounter problems like an increase in unwanted calories, but that can easily be beat with moderation!